Notify Message
Forums
#12607921 Aug 08, 2016 at 12:33 PM · Edited 2 years ago
Leader
2115 Posts
#12593436 Masiv wrote:

I finished season 5 and now I'm waiting for the rebroadcast of season 6 on AMC. It should be sometime in September, and then I'll be ready for the new season in October.

Good news. Season 6 of "The Walking Dead" will be rebroadcast on AMC Sunday, August 14th, all day (thank you TiVo for recording it all). That's next week. I can hardly wait. I have two weeks to watch that before the last FO4 DLC comes out. The hard part now is going to be waiting till October for the new season.

"Play is the highest form of research, a chance to discover who we are, or maybe who we want to become." - Albert Einstein
Those who play games know why they do. To discover worlds, to challenge our fingers, and our minds. To connect with friends, or maybe just to escape.
Games are about possibilities, the paths we take as well as the ones we don't.
View unread posts


+0
#12613394 Aug 10, 2016 at 12:12 PM
Officer
1198 Posts
#12607921 Masiv wrote:

#12593436 Masiv wrote:

I finished season 5 and now I'm waiting for the rebroadcast of season 6 on AMC. It should be sometime in September, and then I'll be ready for the new season in October.

Good news. Season 6 of "The Walking Dead" will be rebroadcast on AMC Sunday, August 14th, all day (thank you TiVo for recording it all). That's next week. I can hardly wait. I have two weeks to watch that before the last FO4 DLC comes out. The hard part now is going to be waiting till October for the new season.


Binge watching shows is great fun ๐Ÿ˜Ž I started watching a new show called Outcast, it is sort of like The Exorcist with a tiny bit of Supernatural thrown in and I liked the first couple of episodes. I read there is actually an Exorcist TV show in development though, seems supernatural and horror shows are getting very popular along with comic book based ones.


+0
#12615635 Aug 11, 2016 at 10:12 AM
730 Posts
Currently watching the Anime Psycho Pass. it's a cyberpunk anime about people having a Good psychology or something means good life. for people having a bad psychology means they get an intention of being a criminal therefore they are getting apprehended before it goes crazy. but y'know detective work an'all. the system can be tricked.

so far it's great. currently on half of Season 1. there's Season 2 and a Movie waiting.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Kierwinyoung
Deviantart: http://kierwiny.deviantart.com/
PSN: kierwiny
Xbox: Pinkiepie1124
STEAM: Magical Noirina
Battle.net: SantaBarbara
U-Play: SantaBarbara117
GoG: Santa_Barbara
+0
#12626940 Aug 15, 2016 at 06:52 PM
Leader
2115 Posts
#12607921 Masiv wrote:

....Season 6 of "The Walking Dead" will be rebroadcast on AMC Sunday, August 14th, all day (thank you TiVo for recording it all)....

It started early in the morning, around 5AM or so. I was so happy I was finally getting season 6. Then, the unthinkable happened. About 1PM, the cable went down. All of it, channels and internet. After a call, I got a message that the outage was in our area and they were working on the problem. Oh crap. My season is ruined, well, two episodes anyway (first world problems, ugh).

When I get to episode 7, I can rent 7 and 8 thru the Xbox One via "Microsoft Movies and TV". Thank you Xbox. I'm half way thru episode 4 right now and I am loving it.


"Play is the highest form of research, a chance to discover who we are, or maybe who we want to become." - Albert Einstein
Those who play games know why they do. To discover worlds, to challenge our fingers, and our minds. To connect with friends, or maybe just to escape.
Games are about possibilities, the paths we take as well as the ones we don't.
View unread posts


+0
#12627350 Aug 15, 2016 at 10:07 PM · Edited 2 years ago
920 Posts
#12626940 Masiv wrote:

#12607921 Masiv wrote:

....Season 6 of "The Walking Dead" will be rebroadcast on AMC Sunday, August 14th, all day (thank you TiVo for recording it all)....

It started early in the morning, around 5AM or so. I was so happy I was finally getting season 6. Then, the unthinkable happened. About 1PM, the cable went down. All of it, channels and internet. After a call, I got a message that the outage was in our area and they were working on the problem. Oh crap. My season is ruined, well, two episodes anyway (first world problems, ugh).

When I get to episode 7, I can rent 7 and 8 thru the Xbox One via "Microsoft Movies and TV". Thank you Xbox. I'm half way thru episode 4 right now and I am loving it.

Just wait until the ending of season 6. Season 7's going to be loaded with action and gore, that's certain!


"You're gonna have to do better than that, kid." -Deathstroke (Arrow)






+0
#12637325 Aug 19, 2016 at 11:10 AM · Edited 2 years ago
Leader
2115 Posts
#12626940 Masiv wrote:

....When I get to episode 7, I can rent 7 and 8 thru the Xbox One via "Microsoft Movies and TV". Thank you Xbox....

I must say that renting from "Microsoft Movies and TV" was instant and painless. It took the money out of my Microsoft account and the show started right away. That was nice.

Check out the new movies and TV shows there, and you can do it right through your XB1 or on the PC. ๐Ÿ˜‰

"Play is the highest form of research, a chance to discover who we are, or maybe who we want to become." - Albert Einstein
Those who play games know why they do. To discover worlds, to challenge our fingers, and our minds. To connect with friends, or maybe just to escape.
Games are about possibilities, the paths we take as well as the ones we don't.
View unread posts


+0
#12642680 Aug 21, 2016 at 01:05 PM
Leader
2115 Posts
Well, I finished season 6 of Walking Dead today and I can say that I'm a fan. There's quite a cliff-hanger left for us to ponder. All I can say about the series overall is, it's not about the walkers, it's about the people.

"Play is the highest form of research, a chance to discover who we are, or maybe who we want to become." - Albert Einstein
Those who play games know why they do. To discover worlds, to challenge our fingers, and our minds. To connect with friends, or maybe just to escape.
Games are about possibilities, the paths we take as well as the ones we don't.
View unread posts


+0
#12643229 Aug 21, 2016 at 05:05 PM
Sergeant
4565 Posts
#12642680 Masiv wrote:

Well, I finished season 6 of Walking Dead today and I can say that I'm a fan. There's quite a cliff-hanger left for us to ponder. All I can say about the series overall is, it's not about the walkers, it's about the people.


Is there a reason given that the dead have risen though?
+0
#12643468 Aug 21, 2016 at 06:28 PM
Leader
2115 Posts
#12643229 Falconer wrote:

....Is there a reason given that the dead have risen though?

At first, they thought you could only become a walker if you got bit, (a direct infection) however, they discovered everyone is "infected" with it, and when you die, you reanimate and turn into a walker. Only a knife or bullet in the brain will kill you for good. Whatever this is, it's inactive while you live, but everybody has it.


"Play is the highest form of research, a chance to discover who we are, or maybe who we want to become." - Albert Einstein
Those who play games know why they do. To discover worlds, to challenge our fingers, and our minds. To connect with friends, or maybe just to escape.
Games are about possibilities, the paths we take as well as the ones we don't.
View unread posts


+0
#12644605 Aug 22, 2016 at 05:09 AM · Edited 2 years ago
Sergeant
4565 Posts
#12643468 Masiv wrote:

#12643229 Falconer wrote:

....Is there a reason given that the dead have risen though?

At first, they thought you could only become a walker if you got bit, (a direct infection) however, they discovered everyone is "infected" with it, and when you die, you reanimate and turn into a walker. Only a knife or bullet in the brain will kill you for good. Whatever this is, it's inactive while you live, but everybody has it.

I meant was it created in a lab?

You might want to watch this while you wait for the next season to come out: LINK

Roughly every 2 days he releases another part.
+0
#12645174 Aug 22, 2016 at 10:15 AM
Leader
2115 Posts
Thanks for that link. I'm not a big fan of the game in this case. I love watching the live action stories.

"Play is the highest form of research, a chance to discover who we are, or maybe who we want to become." - Albert Einstein
Those who play games know why they do. To discover worlds, to challenge our fingers, and our minds. To connect with friends, or maybe just to escape.
Games are about possibilities, the paths we take as well as the ones we don't.
View unread posts


+0
#12683978 Sep 05, 2016 at 02:19 PM
Officer
1198 Posts
Norman Reedus has a prop Johnny Depp zombie head and it looks rather life like, not sure what to make of his other room mate....


+0
#13016275 Jan 25, 2017 at 03:01 PM
Leader
2115 Posts


I found a new series coming to the Syfy channel called "The Expanse". It's set two hundred years in the future, in a fully colonized Solar System. This is the season 2 premier. I missed season 1 all together, Oh well, you can check it out here.

Season 1 is available thru Netflix on DVD rental only, no streaming. ๐Ÿ˜ž

"Play is the highest form of research, a chance to discover who we are, or maybe who we want to become." - Albert Einstein
Those who play games know why they do. To discover worlds, to challenge our fingers, and our minds. To connect with friends, or maybe just to escape.
Games are about possibilities, the paths we take as well as the ones we don't.
View unread posts


+0
#13017462 Jan 26, 2017 at 03:47 AM
Officer
1198 Posts
I saw season one last year. Really enjoyed the first season, The Expanse and 12 Monkeys are best things that channel has done for quite some time.


+0
#13070410 Feb 16, 2017 at 07:49 PM
730 Posts
Last night I finished watching Fate/Zero, the Prequel to Fate/Stay Night if not the whole series. I must say like other Gen Urobuchi's work it is very dark and twisted at the same time very sad. Especially the Endings. It's so Bittersweet it makes my heart go faster.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Kierwinyoung
Deviantart: http://kierwiny.deviantart.com/
PSN: kierwiny
Xbox: Pinkiepie1124
STEAM: Magical Noirina
Battle.net: SantaBarbara
U-Play: SantaBarbara117
GoG: Santa_Barbara
+0
#13271246 May 29, 2017 at 06:40 AM
Officer
1198 Posts
New sci-fi show called The Orville coming out that pretty clearly takes inspiration from Galaxy Quest and Star Trek, I thought the trailer was great and had a much more Star Trek feel in it than Star Trek Discovery did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yy9sKeCE8V0


+0
#13271957 May 29, 2017 at 02:27 PM
Leader
2115 Posts
"The Orville" looks to be a pretty funny romp through the galaxy. I hope they make it. ๐Ÿ˜†

"Play is the highest form of research, a chance to discover who we are, or maybe who we want to become." - Albert Einstein
Those who play games know why they do. To discover worlds, to challenge our fingers, and our minds. To connect with friends, or maybe just to escape.
Games are about possibilities, the paths we take as well as the ones we don't.
View unread posts


+0
#13337306 Jul 06, 2017 at 09:45 PM
Sergeant
4565 Posts
Exclusive Star Trek Cruise And Star Trek Online Prize Pack Giveaway
Enter โ€œTrek in the Tropicsโ€ for a chance to sail the seas with George Takei and more Star Trek crew members
+1
#13369642 Jul 27, 2017 at 01:46 PM · Edited 1 year ago
Officer
1198 Posts
Just watched the last couple of episodes of Grimm. They did a great job with the season 6 despite the shows early end and having reduced episodes, clearly rushed and some story lines not getting very well tied up or finished at all but that's to be expected with such a sudden termination to a show. Grimm was favourite show on TV and had great characters I can't pick a favourite out of them they are all so well written and the cats done an amazing job.



Anyone else been watching Grimm, what did you think of it and the sudden ending? For those of you who have not seen it, it is like Angel/Buffy meets the Grimm fairy tales but with a much more serious and mature tone.


+0
#13374461 Jul 31, 2017 at 09:20 AM · Edited 1 year ago
Leader
2115 Posts
#13369642 DamodarThade wrote:

....Anyone else been watching Grimm, what did you think of it and the sudden ending? For those of you who have not seen it, it is like Angel/Buffy meets the Grimm fairy tales but with a much more serious and mature tone.

I have not seen it, but now I want to. I'll check Netflix for it. Thanks.

"Play is the highest form of research, a chance to discover who we are, or maybe who we want to become." - Albert Einstein
Those who play games know why they do. To discover worlds, to challenge our fingers, and our minds. To connect with friends, or maybe just to escape.
Games are about possibilities, the paths we take as well as the ones we don't.
View unread posts


+0