Notify Message
Forums
#13189742 Apr 13, 2017 at 12:32 PM · Edited 9 months ago
383 Posts

I'm half Thai,half Australian,and I'm a dual citizen of both countries.

In Thailand,I've worked as an English teacher.In Australia,I've worked at many different places(in a supermarket,did some factory work etc.)

In 2012,I saved up enough money to buy a house,but I got into relationships with women who spent all of my money.This continued on until 2015,and after that relationship ended,I was broke,and would spend most days drinking and with hookers.2016 was a year of financial recovery for me,plus I met some good friends who lifted my spirits.At this point,I nearly have enough money for a condo,but I'm not sure whether I should save extra money and buy a house and land.

My dream is to operate a guesthouse in Thailand.Many of my Thai friends/relatives are landlords. They rent out cheap and small rooms to backpackers,foreigners who are long-stayers,or even local people,and they make an easy income.It helps Bangkok has 20 million people crammed into 1 city,so space is valuable,especially since most of the jobs in Thailand are in BKK,especially the ones that pay a decent salary.

I've visited quite a number of countries. Besides the obvious 2,(Thailand and Australia),I've been to Laos,Cambodia,Burma,Malaysia,Singapore,Philippines,China,Taiwan and the United states.

I like to collect Japanese games,manga,anime.I also have other collectibles that are anime and game-related,and I also like to collect toys from the 1980's because it brings me a feeling of nostalgia.

I'm interested in science.Especially astrophysics and astronomy. I just like to know how things were created and work from a scientific perspective.Hence,I admire people such as Issac Newton,Einstein,Michio Kaku. I'm fascinated in things such as the evolution of life on Earth and the mass extinctions. Many people know the dinosaurs and most life on Earth got wiped out by an asteroid 65 million years ago,but there was another mass extinct referred to as the Permian mass extinction which killed 97% of life on earth 250 million ago(30 million years before the first dinosaurs existed).

I find it fascinating that many species of dinosaurs went extinct tens of millions of years before other ones evolved.For example,the Stegosaurus went extinct 80 millions years before the T Rex showed up,but in movies and cartoons,it shows a T Rex fighting a stegosaurus. In fact,humans are closer to the timeline of the T-Rex than what the Stegosaurus was...

Another reason I'm interested in science is,I want to know(and really hope)there is other life elsewhere in the universe(although if it is not too far from our solar system,that would be better). I'm hoping we could meet aliens who could show us how to cure cancer or HIV,or will help take us to other planets in the universe.

I'm also fascinated about other things such as black holes,string theory,quantum mechanics,ways to exceed the speed of light etc.


+0
#13189904 Apr 13, 2017 at 01:58 PM
Sergeant
4467 Posts
I've always wanted to rent out flats to people, but I don't have the money, or confidence. I'm glad you are back on your feet. I watched tones of documentaries with my dad about a whole heap of science subjects.

This might interest you. Have you heard of the creature known as Tardigrade. It is practically indestructible. They have put it in every extreme environment including the vacuum of space! When NASA scientists came back they had bred 😶 Their DNA sequence is so odd that there is a theory that they could have arrived here via asteroid. Normally I wouldn't take much stock in claims like that, but this one came from NASA it's self.
+0
#13190436 Apr 13, 2017 at 08:18 PM
686 Posts
Well if I was not convinced so greatly to go to Civil Engineering Course I could've been an English Teacher too. There's something about teaching that I liked so oddly even with my introvert lifestyle and seeing people go to activity to propose. of course, there are some teachers for an a** who makes us student suffer more than we already are. But there are some nice teachers.

Relationships who spent all your money? Why do relationships have to be so cruel. This is why I like Yuri and fictional romance more than the real thing.

Astronomy is great. I like it too. that's what drew me to like Sci-fi games like Mass Effect. like in those games, there's something about space though. The feeling of unknown waiting to be discovered. what lies within deep space and what humanity could see that change the whole concept of the universe.

Oh one more thing. Which part of Philippines did you visited?

@Falconer what size are those Tardigrade? can they be seen in the naked eye? They look gross.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Kierwinyoung
Deviantart: http://kierwiny.deviantart.com/
PSN: kierwiny
Xbox: Pinkiepie1124
STEAM: Magical Noirina
Battle.net: SantaBarbara
U-Play: SantaBarbara117
GoG: Santa_Barbara
+0
#13190525 Apr 13, 2017 at 10:18 PM · Edited 9 months ago
383 Posts
#13189904 Falconer wrote:

I've always wanted to rent out flats to people, but I don't have the money, or confidence. I'm glad you are back on your feet. I watched tones of documentaries with my dad about a whole heap of science subjects.

This might interest you. Have you heard of the creature known as Tardigrade. It is practically indestructible. They have put it in every extreme environment including the vacuum of space! When NASA scientists came back they had bred 😶 Their DNA sequence is so odd that there is a theory that they could have arrived here via asteroid. Normally I wouldn't take much stock in claims like that, but this one came from NASA it's self.



One of my friends owns a guesthouse in Thailand,and most of his tenants are from Germany,France,Netherlands and Japan,and people from these countries are so charming and friendly.Lots of German,Dutch and French backpackers have a true sense of adventure,and they love to talk about their travel experiences,and they tend to be not too picky about room quality,since they will spend much of their time outside of the room.As long as they have wifi,an air-con and shower,they are happy.However,I also wouldn't have the confidence to let people rent apartments since many of the long-stayers are sex tourists,hooligans or expect 5 star accommodation.The Japanese are used to small rooms,so they will happily pay less for a small room.



Yes,I've heard of Tardigrades.They are extremophiles and some extremophiles can survive in the vacuum of space,and can survive extreme hot,as well as atmospheric pressures thousands of time stronger than Earth,and can survive water pressure many times greater than the deepest oceans on Earth. Some scientists believe certain moons,as well as Mars and even the clouds on Venus could support life.



Have you heard about the Roswell incident?


+0
#13190538 Apr 13, 2017 at 10:43 PM · Edited 9 months ago
383 Posts
#13190436 Kierwiny wrote:

Well if I was not convinced so greatly to go to Civil Engineering Course I could've been an English Teacher too. There's something about teaching that I liked so oddly even with my introvert lifestyle and seeing people go to activity to propose. of course, there are some teachers for an a** who makes us student suffer more than we already are. But there are some nice teachers.

Relationships who spent all your money? Why do relationships have to be so cruel. This is why I like Yuri and fictional romance more than the real thing.

Astronomy is great. I like it too. that's what drew me to like Sci-fi games like Mass Effect. like in those games, there's something about space though. The feeling of unknown waiting to be discovered. what lies within deep space and what humanity could see that change the whole concept of the universe.

Oh one more thing. Which part of Philippines did you visited?

@Falconer what size are those Tardigrade? can they be seen in the naked eye? They look gross.



One thing that I like about teaching in Asia is Asian students look up to you.There is a special relationship between students and teachers in Asian countries.Especially if you can speak English fluently. I taught travel and tourism English to Thai people who were going to work abroad,and it was my job to teach them some of the slang and colloquialisms they would hear in other countries.I told them Australians often greet you with ''G'day,howzitgoin'' and Americans from the South may say ''howdy'' to greet you,and refer to a group of people as 'ya'll'. Plus,they learnt some swear words from somewhere and they spoke those words in the class because they didn't understand the extremity of those words,they would say things such as ''motherf*cking b*tch' or 'sex!" out loud to be cheeky.But it was a fun experience.I basically taught them conversational english,not just formal English.I told them most westerners don't even say ''hello'' to greet each other,but will say ''hey'' or ''wassup''.

I love Sci Fi.My favorite Sci Fi is Babylon 5. I am fascinated by highly evolved beings such as the Vorlons who have evolved to be semi-corporeal and probably have unlimited lifespans,and that can generate enormous amounts of energy to destroy an entire planet in seconds,and can travel anywhere in the galaxy instantaneously.I also like hearing the different methods of getting past the speed of light barrier that various sci fi use.

I've been to Manila and Iloilo. Manila is nice,but very crowded,but I like how it's a 24 hour city. Iloilo was more rural,still a bit crowded,but it had some interesting aspects such as having lots of Koreans,and I went to smallville in Iloilo which many Koreans hang out. I also like how women from the Philippines often came up to me and introduced themselves,and asked did I have a girlfriend? They don't wait for the man to make the first move haha.


+0
#13192121 Apr 14, 2017 at 10:01 PM
686 Posts
Manila is kinda considered a great city in most provinces since they house most of the "good" Schools to attend to in College such as UP and Mapua. it is a bit crowded and dirty but it has everything you need. from clothes to technology. You probably visited more place in Philippines than I do. hahahaha That's a fact. I never been into Iloilo. but one thing's for sure. People really like Koreans here........ I think a bit too much, some girls here are trying to learn Korean just to watch original audio of Korean dramas. I don't, I can't even perfect my Tagalog and English much less Korean language.

Oh and uh be careful on those, uh girls that come to you and make the move. They're crazy, believe me. like crazy cray cray! I got a friend that went Jar Jar Binks just for having a relationship. They broke up and well I don't know what he's doing right now.

English is is very fun language no wonder it's considered universal language. here in Philippines. especially students are having a hard time to learn fluent English. when they speak in English either in Conversation or in presentation they can't help but have this accent that makes us very Filipino. I'm not saying it's bad. it's just distinct. although others are just plain bad at it speaking or writing. the words are...... how should I say it forced. like Google direct translated it out of their butts. still it's not nice to correct them if you understand what they actually implying.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Kierwinyoung
Deviantart: http://kierwiny.deviantart.com/
PSN: kierwiny
Xbox: Pinkiepie1124
STEAM: Magical Noirina
Battle.net: SantaBarbara
U-Play: SantaBarbara117
GoG: Santa_Barbara
+0
#13192233 Apr 15, 2017 at 12:33 AM
Sergeant
4467 Posts
I'm a huge fan of Babylon 5. It was such a shame that we never got to see the telepathy wars. I'd love to learn Japanese, but I can never remember it.
+0
#13192742 Apr 15, 2017 at 10:12 AM
Leader
1893 Posts
#13189742 TidusandYuna1983 wrote:


I'm half Thai,half Australian,and I'm a dual citizen of both countries.

In Thailand,I've worked as an English teacher.In Australia,I've worked at many different places(in a supermarket,did some factory work etc.)....

I find that fascinating. It amazes me that I'm friends with people so far from me, people that I would never be able to talk to. Thank you for being my friend and telling me about yourself. 😀

"Play is the highest form of research, a chance to discover who we are, or maybe who we want to become." - Albert Einstein
Those who play games know why they do. To discover worlds, to challenge our fingers, and our minds. To connect with friends, or maybe just to escape.
Games are about possibilities, the paths we take as well as the ones we don't.
View unread posts


+0
#13192937 Apr 15, 2017 at 12:54 PM
383 Posts
#13192121 Kierwiny wrote:



Oh and uh be careful on those, uh girls that come to you and make the move. They're crazy, believe me. like crazy cray cray! I got a friend that went Jar Jar Binks just for having a relationship. They broke up and well I don't know what he's doing right now.





I know what you mean,sometimes they would tell me straight up that they would make a good wife for me and other things I cannot mention on here.A lot of Filipinas are pretty,and Filipinas have the cutest accents.I had a girlfriends from the Philippines(Iloilo) before and unfortunately she made me go a bit Jar Jar Binks quite often.


+0
#13192938 Apr 15, 2017 at 12:54 PM
383 Posts
#13192742 Masiv wrote:

#13189742 TidusandYuna1983 wrote:


I'm half Thai,half Australian,and I'm a dual citizen of both countries.

In Thailand,I've worked as an English teacher.In Australia,I've worked at many different places(in a supermarket,did some factory work etc.)....

I find that fascinating. It amazes me that I'm friends with people so far from me, people that I would never be able to talk to. Thank you for being my friend and telling me about yourself. 😀


Glad to be here.I'm enjoying getting to know the other people too.


+0
#13195047 Apr 16, 2017 at 11:23 PM
Sergeant
4467 Posts
#13192938 TidusandYuna1983 wrote:

#13192742 Masiv wrote:

#13189742 TidusandYuna1983 wrote:


I'm half Thai,half Australian,and I'm a dual citizen of both countries.

In Thailand,I've worked as an English teacher.In Australia,I've worked at many different places(in a supermarket,did some factory work etc.)....

I find that fascinating. It amazes me that I'm friends with people so far from me, people that I would never be able to talk to. Thank you for being my friend and telling me about yourself. 😀


Glad to be here.I'm enjoying getting to know the other people too.


I feel the same as all of you!
+0
#13264519 May 24, 2017 at 11:06 PM
383 Posts
Sorry for the long absence. Taking care of some issues. I dont want to go into too much detail, but my situation is kinda similar to that of finn in the movie adaptation of great expectations(not the novel) . Plus my laptop isn't with me and it's hard to type on my phone. I hope everyone here is well.


+0
#13264669 May 25, 2017 at 02:28 AM
Sergeant
4467 Posts
#13264519 TidusandYuna1983 wrote:

Sorry for the long absence. Taking care of some issues. I dont want to go into too much detail, but my situation is kinda similar to that of finn in the movie adaptation of great expectations(not the novel) . Plus my laptop isn't with me and it's hard to type on my phone. I hope everyone here is well.



Okish had some problems with my PC I'm a bit nervous that they might be still there. I'm glad to see you back! Thade's Mum is injured so he's not going to be posting much, BBear is away.

Never seen the film.
+0
#13266498 May 26, 2017 at 03:46 AM
686 Posts
I'm away in some part time work so I have lesser time here. but I still post. so yeah I'm still here.
I don't even know what the Great Expectation is about either the book nor the film. sorry for my ignorance.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Kierwinyoung
Deviantart: http://kierwiny.deviantart.com/
PSN: kierwiny
Xbox: Pinkiepie1124
STEAM: Magical Noirina
Battle.net: SantaBarbara
U-Play: SantaBarbara117
GoG: Santa_Barbara
+0
#13266820 May 26, 2017 at 08:45 AM
Sergeant
4467 Posts
#13266498 Kierwiny wrote:

I'm away in some part time work so I have lesser time here. but I still post. so yeah I'm still here.
I don't even know what the Great Expectation is about either the book nor the film. sorry for my ignorance.



https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Expectations
+0
#13268202 May 27, 2017 at 05:24 AM
686 Posts
I never knew it was that old. The Great Expectation does seem to be a little too old for me. even so. it gives quite the impression.
Well it did came from Charles Dickens. You guys never cease to amaze me.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Kierwinyoung
Deviantart: http://kierwiny.deviantart.com/
PSN: kierwiny
Xbox: Pinkiepie1124
STEAM: Magical Noirina
Battle.net: SantaBarbara
U-Play: SantaBarbara117
GoG: Santa_Barbara
+0
#13285105 Jun 06, 2017 at 02:01 AM
383 Posts
I don't know if it's appropriate for me to write about this on here,but since this is a blog about what's happened to me for the past 2 months...

To make a long story short,my best friend separated from her husband,and when I spent time with her,I started to fall for her,but her family want her to stay with her husband because he is wealthy.Her family pressure her everyday to end things with me(pressure from parents is a major factor in Asian cultures).Her husband lives in the Netherlands and calls her everyday begging for her to take him back,he still keeps sending her family a sh*tload of money and he's already bought houses,condos,sport cars etc for her family.He isn't that clever though,because I've lived with her everyday for the past 2 months... as long as she answers his video calls quickly,he thinks nothing is going on... one time when he video called her,I pulled the blanket over me,but she yelled at me and said my feet were not covered by the blanket,then she literally pushed me into the bathroom(it's next to her bedroom)and closed the door.Her mother used his money for a home renovation,so I told her ''he pays for the home renovation,but i lay the pipe''...


+0
#13285423 Jun 06, 2017 at 07:05 AM
686 Posts
I don't know how do deal with those. It is a bit more gray area than a simple Black and White side of things. usually I get to know both side before doing or get concerned about it.

Although I get how Asian culture pressure one child by family because the partner is wealthy. then again, money can be spent and it is something diminishes if not used wisely. I just think y'know, whose happiness is much more important to you? it is not our place to decide or do something about it, but there that.
Of Course looking for the end game, what do you want?

Those are the questions I usually asked should a problem arises. then again I'm single, a virgin and a student so what do I know?
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Kierwinyoung
Deviantart: http://kierwiny.deviantart.com/
PSN: kierwiny
Xbox: Pinkiepie1124
STEAM: Magical Noirina
Battle.net: SantaBarbara
U-Play: SantaBarbara117
GoG: Santa_Barbara
+0
#13287895 Jun 07, 2017 at 03:20 PM
Sergeant
4467 Posts
Don't worry mate about posting that here. We are all friends. Love is the most important thing in these situations you just need to figure out where each persons heart is.
+0
#13332737 Jul 04, 2017 at 11:48 AM · Edited 7 months ago
383 Posts
I think I'd give an update.

Well she decided to go back to her husband(back to the Netherlands).Me and her still talk.She even offered to help me negotiate prices when I'm ready to buy a properties(that's when she comes back to Thailand).

1 week before I was ready to leave Thailand,I met another girl.She's very beautiful,and already wants to marry me,but I cannot because my financial situation won't allow it(I'm still trying to purchase a house/condo).It's made things complicated,because in Asia,many women look at marriage and relationships as 'first come,first serve' since they see their youth as being less than a man's(meaning they can only trade on their looks until they're early 30's usually),and life is harder for people in Asia if they don't have a big income.

Anyways,I haven't really played games much over the past 3 months.I didn't even bring my Vita with me to Thailand,but that's ok because games distract me too much.

At least I got to visit new places I haven't been to before such as Nan(a province in Northern Thailand),it's right next to Laos.It's very beautiful and rural.The people are friendly and softly spoken.Not loud and angry like Bangkok people.

I spent 2 months living in one of those sealed off villages in Samut Prakan(only people who live in the houses in the villages can access the area).And it was nice,kinda like a resort more than a village.The local store made delicious food and had a swimming pool.

Samut Prakan has the Erawan museum(a special buddhist place)and it's near a temple which has the ashes of Buddha.

I played arcade versions of Street Fighter II(the modded accelerated version),as well as arcade versions of Mortal Kombat 1 and 3 and Killer Instinct on MAME when I had nothing to do for a few hours for the past 3 months.

When I came back to Australia,I played Killer Instinct on my brother's Xbox One,and I must say it's a gem of a fighting game.It makes me miss the original Killer Instinct,because I love the insane combos,psychotic voice of the fight announcer,and character designs(a Tibetan Buddhist monk who uses a sword and fights like Ryu from street fighter),as well as aliens,robots,dinosaurs etc.

I've also started another playthrough of Far Cry 3(on PS3 this time to get it's trophies and because I miss tropical atmospheres).

I think I'll purchase Persona 5 after the 15th of this month(that's when I get paid).


+0