Notify Message
Forums
#12497413 Jun 27, 2016 at 04:02 PM
Officer
917 Posts
Mando is an amazing actor. Vaas is an iconic video game villain now thanks to him. His character on Better Call Saul, Nacho, reminds of of Vaas too; Nacho is an intimidating fellow who shouldn't be taken lightly. I hope Michael Mando's part in Homecoming is major because he deserves the recognition.


"You're gonna have to do better than that, kid." -Deathstroke (Arrow)






+0
#12504099 Jun 30, 2016 at 12:26 AM
Sergeant
4428 Posts
+0
#12504195 Jun 30, 2016 at 01:33 AM
Officer
917 Posts
#12504099 Falconer wrote:

The Upcoming Tetris Movie Is The First In A Sci-Fi Trilogy

Seriously a Tetris movie...

I share your enthusiasm here. Of all games, why Tetris?


"You're gonna have to do better than that, kid." -Deathstroke (Arrow)






+0
#12505003 Jun 30, 2016 at 09:34 AM
Leader
1845 Posts
#12504195 JCSBEARMEAT wrote:

....I share your enthusiasm here. Of all games, why Tetris?

That's a good question. Maybe it's just the popularity of the game. Electronic Gaming Monthly's 100th issue had Tetris in first place as "Greatest Game of All Time". In 2007, Tetris came in second place in IGN's "100 Greatest Video Games of All Time". In January 2010, it was announced that the Tetris franchise had sold more than 170 million copies, approximately 70 million physical copies and over 100 million copies for cell phones, making it the best selling paid-downloaded game of all time.

Guinness World Records has recognized the game as being the most ported in the history of video gaming, appearing on in excess of 65 different platforms by 2011.

Threshold Entertainment has teamed-up with The Tetris Company to develop a film adaptation of Tetris. Threshold's CEO describes the film as an Epic Sci-Fi Adventure film. The film will be shot in China in 2017 with an $80 million budget.

"Play is the highest form of research, a chance to discover who we are, or maybe who we want to become." - Albert Einstein
Those who play games know why they do. To discover worlds, to challenge our fingers, and our minds. To connect with friends, or maybe just to escape.
Games are about possibilities, the paths we take as well as the ones we don't.
View unread posts


+0
#12505373 Jun 30, 2016 at 12:09 PM
Sergeant
4428 Posts
#12505003 Masiv wrote:

#12504195 JCSBEARMEAT wrote:

....I share your enthusiasm here. Of all games, why Tetris?

That's a good question. Maybe it's just the popularity of the game. Electronic Gaming Monthly's 100th issue had Tetris in first place as "Greatest Game of All Time". In 2007, Tetris came in second place in IGN's "100 Greatest Video Games of All Time". In January 2010, it was announced that the Tetris franchise had sold more than 170 million copies, approximately 70 million physical copies and over 100 million copies for cell phones, making it the best selling paid-downloaded game of all time.

Guinness World Records has recognized the game as being the most ported in the history of video gaming, appearing on in excess of 65 different platforms by 2011.

Threshold Entertainment has teamed-up with The Tetris Company to develop a film adaptation of Tetris. Threshold's CEO describes the film as an Epic Sci-Fi Adventure film. The film will be shot in China in 2017 with an $80 million budget.

And yet it has no story. Great as a game but how do you make that into a movie?

Did you know by the way that Tetrs was stolen from it's original Russian creator. Poor guy never saw a cent for his creation.
+0
#12505475 Jun 30, 2016 at 12:49 PM
Officer
917 Posts
I'm sure they'll find a way to incorporate a story somewhere. I'm just not really sure how or what kind of story it might be. Who knows, maybe it'll be highly entertaining?



"You're gonna have to do better than that, kid." -Deathstroke (Arrow)






+0
#12557107 Jul 19, 2016 at 02:41 PM · Edited over 1 year ago
Officer
1153 Posts
A new trailer for Godzilla Resurgence, it shows some more of Godzilla and along with more action. Still can't find any information for release dates outside of Japan beside Hong Kong so the rest of us might have to wait for a Blu-Ray release.


+0
#12557137 Jul 19, 2016 at 02:55 PM · Edited over 1 year ago
Officer
1153 Posts
Came across this for a new Jet Li movie called League Of Gods. It is three trailers one after the other, I think it looks amazing and times rather crazy but a couple of times I thought Battle Cat! and how I would love a good Master of the Universe movie 😎 Either way this movie looks like a whole lot of fun.


+0
#12559288 Jul 20, 2016 at 11:23 AM
Officer
917 Posts
#12557107 DamodarThade wrote:

A new trailer for Godzilla Resurgence, it shows some more of Godzilla and along with more action. Still can't find any information for release dates outside of Japan beside Hong Kong so the rest of us might have to wait for a Blu-Ray release.

Looks great! I hope this film releases outside of Japan, although that probably won't happen. I can't wait to watch it though; the trailers alone are better than the 2014 American film in my opinion. Resurgence is the Godzilla we fans deserve.


"You're gonna have to do better than that, kid." -Deathstroke (Arrow)






+0
#12561134 Jul 21, 2016 at 03:51 AM
Sergeant
4428 Posts
It's amazing how far Godzilla has come in Japan. I've seen the older movies and the special effects look like that were made with Lego.
+0
#12569725 Jul 24, 2016 at 02:50 PM
Officer
1153 Posts
Here is a teaser for Justice League, I think it looks good but I loved the first BvS trailer and after finally seeing the extended version of the movie I thought it was mediocre at best. I do have more hope for JL now that Ben Affleck has more control over the movies though.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gglkYMGRYlE


+0
#12574172 Jul 26, 2016 at 10:23 AM · Edited 1 year ago
Officer
1153 Posts
The first trailer for Kong Skull Island, from what the characters are talking about it certainly sounds like this is going to tie into the western version of Godzilla. John Goodman and Samuel L Jackson taking on King Kong should certainly be entertaining 😀

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAbI4w95cTE


+0
#12574676 Jul 26, 2016 at 01:33 PM · Edited 1 year ago
Officer
917 Posts
#12574172 DamodarThade wrote:

The first trailer for Kong Skull Island, from what the characters are talking about it certainly sounds like this is going to tie into the western version of Godzilla. John Goodman and Samuel L Jackson taking on King Kong should certainly be entertaining 😀

Yeah I'm interested to see how Skull Island will play out. Samuel L. Jackson has to say his catch-phrase at some point during the movie...just imagine all of the possibilities haha.


"You're gonna have to do better than that, kid." -Deathstroke (Arrow)






+0
#12622713 Aug 14, 2016 at 07:50 AM
649 Posts
Just watched Suicide Squad. I won't tell anything that will spoil the experience. All I'm gonna say don't be too harsh. Just soften the blow. Don't expect it to be so great. >.<
It was just Okay. ;)
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Kierwinyoung
Deviantart: http://kierwiny.deviantart.com/
PSN: kierwiny
Xbox: Pinkiepie1124
STEAM: Magical Noirina
Battle.net: SantaBarbara
U-Play: SantaBarbara117
GoG: Santa_Barbara
+0
#12657053 Aug 26, 2016 at 08:46 AM
Officer
1153 Posts
Didn't like the look of Suicide Squad at all from the casting to the character designs, especially Joker, Harley and Killer Croc.

I saw a teaser a year or so ago for a Russian superhero movie and here is the full trailer below. It is out next year and looks good, the dubbing is rather bad and probably would be better if it was original audio with subtitles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIc0NqjOPgc


+0
#12657273 Aug 26, 2016 at 10:17 AM · Edited 1 year ago
Officer
917 Posts
#12657053 DamodarThade wrote:

Didn't like the look of Suicide Squad at all from the casting to the character designs, especially Joker, Harley and Killer Croc.

I saw a teaser a year or so ago for a Russian superhero movie and here is the full trailer below. It is out next year and looks good, the dubbing is rather bad and probably would be better if it was original audio with subtitles.

I thought Margot Robbie was fantastic as Harley Quinn and I liked Will Smith's Deadshot. I have to agree, I didn't care for the character designs--the costumes could have been better.

Guardians looks pretty good! Like you said, the dubbing was kind of terrible, but the movie certainly looks promising.


"You're gonna have to do better than that, kid." -Deathstroke (Arrow)






+0
#12657631 Aug 26, 2016 at 12:17 PM
Leader
1845 Posts
#12657273 JCSBEARMEAT wrote:

#12657053 DamodarThade wrote:

Didn't like the look of Suicide Squad at all from the casting to the character designs, especially Joker, Harley and Killer Croc.

I saw a teaser a year or so ago for a Russian superhero movie and here is the full trailer below. It is out next year and looks good, the dubbing is rather bad and probably would be better if it was original audio with subtitles.

I thought Margot Robbie was fantastic as Harley Quinn and I liked Will Smith's Deadshot. I have to agree, I didn't care for the character designs--the costumes could have been better.

Guardians looks pretty good! Like you said, they dubbing was kind of terrible, but the movie certainly looks promising.
Why couldn't Hollywood make this movie. All blockbuster movies should be made in English. 😕 Just saying. That's where the money is.

"Play is the highest form of research, a chance to discover who we are, or maybe who we want to become." - Albert Einstein
Those who play games know why they do. To discover worlds, to challenge our fingers, and our minds. To connect with friends, or maybe just to escape.
Games are about possibilities, the paths we take as well as the ones we don't.
View unread posts


+0
#12667017 Aug 29, 2016 at 02:56 PM · Edited 1 year ago
Officer
1153 Posts
It would be easier if everything was in english 😝 but I suspect non-english speaking people wish everything was in their native language. One French movie I would recommend is Le Pacte Des Loups it is an action/mystery/horror movie based on actual events and has some great melee fight scenes.

Here is a truck load of info on Assassin's Creed, the article gets full of spoilers about half way so I stopped reading.


+0
#12703867 Sep 13, 2016 at 09:01 AM · Edited 1 year ago
Officer
1153 Posts
Benicio Del toro is in talks to star in the new Predator movie. I think he will do well in the movie if he is playing a soldier he does well playing stern hard to read characters like he did in Sicario.


+0
#12704110 Sep 13, 2016 at 10:37 AM
Officer
917 Posts
#12703867 DamodarThade wrote:

Benicio Del toro is in talks to star in the new Predator movie. I think he will do well in the movie if he is playing a soldier he does well playing stern hard to read characters like he did in Sicario.

Same. I can definitely see Benicio playing a rough, tough framed character reminiscent of Arnie's Dutch. I think this will be a great casting choice if Del Toro joins the film.


"You're gonna have to do better than that, kid." -Deathstroke (Arrow)






+0